So we bought the kids a little intex easy set pool this summer and boy has it been an experience. We setup and used it the first weekend then came back to it 2 weeks later and it had slippery walls and the water looked a bit foggy. A few days later is had green stains on the liner bottom and walls. I drained and scrubbed it down with soap and water and attached our sand filter to it. Now I've had it running for a week with the filter pumping 2 hours in the AM and another 2 hours in the PM. I went to check the water today and its crystal clear.
I finally bought a little test kit from home depot along with some liquid chlorine today so I came home and tested the water and it showed: FC - 0, pH - 8.2 so I quickly used the pool calculator to find out I should add 7.3oz of my 10% liquid chlorine to raise my FC to 4. Now the reason I ask if I should shock the pool is because even though my water is crystal clear when I went to pour in the chlorine I decided to touch the inside of the liner and it felt slippery again like when I had algae and my water turned cloudy. I quickly brushed the inside of the pool walls and bottom but it still feels some what very slippery. Do I need to chock the pool in order to get rid of this diehard algae? Do I even have algae?
Attached are images I just took of the pool just a minute ago if that helps and my pool and equipment info are in my signature. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!