1HP Pump distance

hobby1

Jul 23, 2008
I have a 15' (5700 gallons) pool and would like to move my pump, sand filter and swg about 60' away from the pool. Is that possible? I have a 1HP Hayward pump. My dilemma is that I need to run electrical to my pool and I was thinking instead of running copper that far for a sub panel, I could run pvc for the pump and put the sub panel on my garage wall which would behind the main panel for the house in the garage. The pump equipment would be right next to the sub panel. Does that sound logical?
The pump elevation would be below the water line and would be the same weather it was next to the pool or 60' away. My thinking is that pvc would be cheaper then copper and also, it would be quieter if the pump was away from the pool.

I installed this pool myself last year and have been running the pool pump off an outlet near my house but I need to get it moved to it's own circuit.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Moving the pump 60' away from the pool is certainly possible, though it won't work with the Intex pump listed in your signature. I recommend using 2" rigid PVC is that is practical.

Which model of Hayward pump do you have? Most of their above ground pumps will work, but a few of them are not designed for long plumbing runs like that. The Power-Flo Matrix is particularly appropriate for long plumbing runs.

:-D Sorry, I guess I need to update my signature because I got rid of that intex pool a couple of years ago. I have a regular above ground pool now. The Hayward pump is a Power-flo matrix and i believe the model number is sp-1510-z1-xehc

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.