Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loop-Loc Tool

1. Back To Top    #1

Loop-Loc Tool

Hi There,

The pool is up and running great. I am looking ahead to little projects and gathering items for closing this fall. The previous owner had a service do everything on the pool. It seems he also took or retains the tool for removing the cover.

I was wondering if anyone could take a picture of the end of a removal tool? I will just fabricate with stuff I already have. It looks like the tube has a ID to fit over the Brass attachment and then is cut half way around.

Thanks in advance a picture would really help.

Phil
    18,000 gallon in-ground plaster pool. Sta-rite cartridge filter, Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II pump 1 1/2hp motor, Caretaker pool cleaner, Teledyne LAARS series 2 ESC natural gas heater 250,000 BTU. Solar Pool cover, Intermatic Timer with heater switch. Two very happy kids!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Loop-Loc Tool

Not an endorsement of this vender, but here is one:

http://store.poolcenter.com/loop-loc-me ... 4Aods0al4w
    My cement pond is a 36K gunite 20X40 built in mid 1960s, Hayward S244S filter, Aquarite SWCG, Jandy 1.5HP 2sp, TF-Test kit and Nitro Wall Climber

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks,

I saw the ad for that one. Pretty sure I can make one in about 10 min. Hoping to get a shot of one to speed the process, or I will just start experimenting.

Thanks

Phil
    18,000 gallon in-ground plaster pool. Sta-rite cartridge filter, Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II pump 1 1/2hp motor, Caretaker pool cleaner, Teledyne LAARS series 2 ESC natural gas heater 250,000 BTU. Solar Pool cover, Intermatic Timer with heater switch. Two very happy kids!

4. Back To Top    #4

I am sure you can make one. All mine is, is a light pipe with a notch on the end. I will go out and measure the silly thing. I would just use a bench grinder and grind half the end.
    My cement pond is a 36K gunite 20X40 built in mid 1960s, Hayward S244S filter, Aquarite SWCG, Jandy 1.5HP 2sp, TF-Test kit and Nitro Wall Climber

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you I appreciate the help!

Phil

6. Back To Top    #6

OD 1"
    ID 7/8"
    notch depth 1/8" (mine is worn, might be 3/16)
    2 foot long, with a rubber bike handle.

The material rusts and holds a magnet, so I dunno if conduit would work. It needs to be thin enough to slip between the spring-loop and the deck lug (or whatever it is called), mine is about 1/16"

Good luck.

7. Back To Top    #7

Here you go Phil, I just went out and took these.

Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Loop-Loc Tool

That's awesome guys. Thanks a lot I make one when I get home next week.

Phil