Can't keep Chlorine up

FC -.5
CC - Can't test
pH - 7.2
TA - 70
CH - Can't test
CYA - 50
Borates - no borates

After opening the pool last week I can't keep the FC up. I shocked(using bleach) last night using the pool calculator's suggestions.

The water looked very clear this morning(It was only a little cloudy before) but the FC barely registers at .5

The CYA is at the top of the recommended level.

Should I try to lower CYA?? Any suggestions?

donnyk1 said:
FC -.5
CC - Can't test
pH - 7.2
TA - 70
CH - Can't test
CYA - 50
Borates - no borates

After opening the pool last week I can't keep the FC up. I shocked(using bleach) last night using the pool calculator's suggestions.

The water looked very clear this morning(It was only a little cloudy before) but the FC barely registers at .5

The CYA is at the top of the recommended level.

Should I try to lower CYA?? Any suggestions?

More Chlorine!!!

Seriously though, the bleach you're putting in is probably correct, but remember that chlorine is consumable. That is, if there are organics in your pool, the chlorine you're putting in is literally getting used up in minutes.

Reread "Shocking Your Pool" in Pool School (upper right hand corner of every page), and remember that "shocking" is a process that could take some time.

What kind of test kit are you using?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.