Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reducing vibration noise

1. Back To Top    #1

Reducing vibration noise

Split off of another topic. JasonLion

Really old thread, but I was having the same goal - reducing vibration noise. I found this $10 doormat at HD today. Do you guys think that would work under the pump? It's just under 1/2 inch thick. Recycled rubber with cross square holes throughout.
    http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/produc ... ec_100.jpg
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25ecodZ ... reId=10051
    screened-in 10,500 gal IG gunite pool, DiamondBrite, 1.5 HP Hayward Super II Pump, Hayward Star-Clear Plus C1200 Cartridge Filter, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, 6 solar panel heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Soundproofing to reduce pump noise

I had to isolate my in house shower pressure pump as we have wooden floor boards the vibration and sound travelled. I used a rubber mat which was rated at 20db reduction I think it was, then a high density concrete building block on 4 silicone rubber feet so as to add a large mass and de couple the vibration. worked much better than I imagined it would. Something like that could work.

3. Back To Top    #3

The one have isn't rated for sound protection at all. Do you think I should forget about this cheap fix and look for something actually rated for soundproof-ness?
    screened-in 10,500 gal IG gunite pool, DiamondBrite, 1.5 HP Hayward Super II Pump, Hayward Star-Clear Plus C1200 Cartridge Filter, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, 6 solar panel heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Might as well try it and see if you're satisfied. If it works, great!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Reducing vibration noise

This works!!! Noise gone from all rooms in the house!

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: Reducing vibration noise

11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden