Pool Temp: 77 Degrees

PH - 7.5
FC - 2.0
CC - 0.5
TC - 2.5
TA - 150
CH - 300
CYA - 57

I bought tons of bleach and have Acid, just don't know what to do first to maximize my first BBB launch...

Thanks in Advance!

Do you have a SWCG? That CYA is a little high if you don't have one...but maybe that's why you re-filled? Was it a complete refill or just partial? Also, how does your water look?

If you water is clear, I would just focus on getting your FC up to 6 or 7.

None of the levels look particularly alarming to me. :goodjob:

blakej said:
That CYA is a little high if you don't have one...but maybe that's why you re-filled?

I did a partial drain/refill. Actually this is my 2nd one already since I didn't get my TF100 until this week and Leslie's was using the same strips I was. CYA was off the charts.

The water is clearish, I'd planned to shock it to 24 based on the CYA chart, but didn't know if it would be better to get the TA a little lower first or try and adjust the PH before shocking.

I have some recurring algae that I need to nuke.

Thanks!

techrancher said:
The water is clearish, I'd planned to shock it to 24 based on the CYA chart, but didn't know if it would be better to get the TA a little lower first or try and adjust the PH before shocking.

I have some recurring algae that I need to nuke.

Thanks!
Shock first and confirm when you are done shocking w/the three criteria listed in my sig in red.

After you are done shocking, each time the pH hits 7.8, lower it to 7.2 with muriatic acid. Over time this will lower your TA. There is not need to hurry the TA lowering process unless your pH is rising at an annoying rate. Then you could use the "how to lower your TA" article in PoolSchool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.