Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Questions for the future of my pool

1. Back To Top    #1

South Central Kentucky

Questions for the future of my pool

Currently we are happily using our "athletic" style pool with our young children and are pleased with it. The two shallow ends work well for the size of my kids now. However, as they get older, having a deep end that could accommodate a slide or maybe a diving board might be more appealing.

So my ideal situation would be to get a few more years out of my liner, then when it's time for a new liner, do some reconstruction of the pool. I'm not sure if this is even feasible or possible, hence my post here. Could one end be converted to a deep end? I'm assuming the greatest challenge would be re-plumbing the drain, since it is currently located in the middle of the pool, where the bottom is now. It seems to me the rest would just be digging and reforming the bottom of the pool.

Any thoughts? Anyone had this done before?
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit
    Pool School, Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Questions for the future of my pool

I'm sure it could be done and depending on your situation and location it may not be a big deal to do. I don't know how deep you're going to be able to get with just 32' though.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit