Pool builders in the midlands of SC

whoozer

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2008
Acton Maine
I'm new to Sc and am researching pool builders. Anyone have any good luck combined with decent prices. Lots of the builders are a la carte...they charge for all the "extras" to me steps are NOT an extra.Any input would be appreciated.

Have you checked with Genco Pools? We live in Irmo and had an estimate from them for a turnkey operation. It was kind of expensive, but the thought of having the pool installed and the yard landscaped at the same time sounded very appeasing. Later, Calvin.

Have you heard of Griffin Pools and Spas? I know they are in Columbia SC and in Augusta GA. That is who we are going throught. But honestly after reading so much here I am so nervous about doing anything.

I think I am going to do some more searching here in the next few days.

Good Luck!

Be Careful!!!

Lulupalooza,
Please see BBB on Griffin they have a really bad rating. There prices are the best but you get what you pay for. I got a spa from them and it has been a nightmare since the day it showed up. We had a leak in it as soon as we put in water. They sent a tech out and told me I was crazy. I kept taking pics and they then finally sent someone out and lo and behold, they found the leak. I would NOT!!! suggest them please do your research. I'm glad you wrote because I would hate for you to find out the hard way. Check the BBB all of their companies have like 15 or more complaints filed and most were not resolved. Good Luck!

I signed with Elite Custom pools, I did look at aquarian but decided gunite was too much for me as this house/pool is only temp for the next 5-7 years. I'll go with gunite on my next pool. Your pool sounds wonderful based on your description. Since I'm paying cash I had a 21K budget :( wish I was rich :wink: Thanks for the input, wish me luck ground breaking is supposed to happen within next 2 weeks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.