Saltwater Pool for Emergency Water Source

Jun 27, 2011
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I was asked by a "survival" buddy of mine, with a chlorine pool, if a SWG based pool could be used as a temporary source for consumable water. The salinity is materially less than traditional seawater, but would you have to desalinate to consume? At what salt level could you consume it? Never really thought of it before, SR

I read some of those, but the question revolved specifically about the salt content in the water. Is 3200ppm concentration so high that it will cause kidney problems and dehydration like traditional saltwater (35000ppm). Or will you have to desalinate the water...

Salt at 3000ish is a sort of good bad story. It won't be a problem right away, but long term that is too much salt. If you are dying of thirst, pool water is definitely better than nothing (not true of ocean water). But if you have other choices for water, chances are they are better than pool water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.