Very High Chlorine with SWG-Still Learning

Glock30

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
All,
I have had very little time to work on my pool this week and it has been raining non stop.
I have been running my pump for about 4 days 24 hrs with the SWG on 70% to ensure that any alge will not come back and I would have to start all over again with shock etc.

Last night I FINALLY got to go out to test levels and program my pump and SWG to run 12 hrs instead of 24. (Start of process to meter down pump time to cloudy water then increase to clear water)

My tests were as follows:
FC-OFF THE CHART (Dark Pink) in TF100 basic test kit.
Ph 7.3
CYA 60
Salt 3200 ppm ( will be adjusting to 3600)

Will my FC level drop quickly or should I shut it off for the weekend as i am going out of state?
Am I screwed?
After this weekend I will be able to focus much more on the testing and balancing of the pool.
My hope is to find the right pump run time and then adjust my SWG to make my FC 4-5 per recommendations.

Suggestions?

You are fine. With CYA at 60 the high FC level won't have done any damage.

FC will fall fairly quickly. By reducing the pump run time, you have already cut chlorine production in half. I would leave things as they are over the weekend and by the time you get back you should be able to get a good idea of what 12 hours at 70% does for the FC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.