Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quite pumps/ salt or chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Quite pumps/ salt or chlorine

Hello,
    I have a 20x42 heated IGP with waterfall, we replaced the liner last fall and I am thinking about changing out the pump and filter.(hayward 1.5hp pump & 300# sand filter). I would like something quite that is high efficient. I was looking at the EP6 and some pentair models. The hayward was never a problem just a little loud. Weusualy run the filter for 8-10 hours from mid may until mid september. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also any thoughts about going from chlorine to salt?
    The pool is in the sun all day.
    mariane
    16 x 28 AG doughboy vinyl pool with deep end, ~11900 gals. media master 150# sand filter using zeosand, 1.4 sq ft filter area, 1 hp, 10 amp doughboy power pak pump. in sunny but fickle detroit michigan.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quite pumps/ salt or chlorine

A 2-speed or variable speed pump will be much quieter than any single speed model.

A salt water pool is a chlorine pool however a swcg is convenient and if that's what you're looking for it's a good choice.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Quite pumps/ salt or chlorine

Thanks for the info. can you recommend any pumps?
    mariane
    16 x 28 AG doughboy vinyl pool with deep end, ~11900 gals. media master 150# sand filter using zeosand, 1.4 sq ft filter area, 1 hp, 10 amp doughboy power pak pump. in sunny but fickle detroit michigan.