Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A good pool brush?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, Texas

A good pool brush?

I bought a pool brush and it's okay. the bristles are fine, but I don't feel like it's thick enough (it's wide enough but not thick enough from front to back?). Below is the link to what a bought. Should I try a different brush or are they all about this same size? ... 02_s00_i01
    10,000 gallons, In ground, Gunnite pool
    Pentair Whisper Flo Cartridge filter system with inline 3" tablet chlorinator
    Using the BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Ft. Lauderdale, Fl

Re: A good pool brush?

At Leslie's pool supply I bought a brush called a "wall whale". It has a funny looking fin attached to it which make it a little cumbersome out of the water...but when you are scrubbing walls it really works! The fin pushes the water against the back of the brush essentially using the water pressure created when you push the brush to help keep it against the wall and therefore more effective brushing! I still have a brush similar to yours for pushing things along the bottom of the pool, but I'll tell ya...that wall whale thingy really save your back when scrubbing the walls! It's like $30 bucks, but then again so the copay for the
    32x16 -16,500 gallon plaster pool with connected spa and spillover, Hayward RS 1 HP pump, 2 Hayward Cartridge filters. 10 hours of direct sun a day and a first time pool owner!!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: A good pool brush?

Mine is like yours, jotting. It's adequate and I think it is a very common size.

Lot's of people talk kindly about the wall whale here on the forum.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School