intex pool leveling ground

May 10, 2012
rixford pa
hi everyone i just need a little advive i had a 12x36 intex metal frame pool for 2 yrs and this yr we bought a 24x52 intex metal frame im in the process of digging dirt right now...no fun :cry: .....our yard had a slight bank we cut out the bank put the dirt on the low side packed down with the tractor but we have had lots of rain here and the ground is very soft so i guess my ? would be can i bring in the sand and start the set up or should i wait till it dries up a bit!!!we were always just slightly off with the last pool and this one i would like to be right cause i really dont want to take it down onces its up!!!!!any advice would be helpful and i will try to get pics to post too!!!!!thank you everyone!!!!
ok i got pics there not the greatest but i just dont want the pool to shift and fall over!!!!

Attachments

• pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 93
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 93
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 93
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 93
  • pool4.jpg
    pool4.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 93
  • pool4.jpg
    pool4.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 93
It is Always best to dig out the entire area level down to naturally solid ground. On a pool that large it holds a huge about of water and a lot of weight. It'd be best to not have any built up soil that the pool sits on. Because if you think it's soft now after compacting and being rained on imagine how the pool could possiblly sink on the built up side once full. Also get patio pavers or stepping stones to put under each leg to help distribute the weight. This will also help prevent the legs from possibly sinking into the ground.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.