Pentair LED won't change programs

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
Hi Guys,

I think from reading up on this we are not getting enough power to the light for it to function properly. We can't change through the colors to select programs.

We have a 12v led. Do we need to send more than 12v from the transformer for the light to move through the programs? we are using an on/off switch to power cycle.

Thanks.

PoolGuyNJ said:
Usually, its 14 volts at the transformer. The extra is to allow for the voltage drop over the length of power cord and doesn't harm anything if it doesn't have that much drop.

Are you certain the LED isn't just a white one?

Scott

Thanks Scott. Much appreciate the help! :goodjob:

Yes its color LED. it just won't move through the colors and the color show it's on is very slow.

PoolGuyNJ said:
I assume you confirmed the transformer is sending 14 to the deck box. If it's there, its there, If a 1 second on/off/on cycle doesn't get it, its a white LED fixture.

Scott

I need to confirm we are sending 14 volts. we have it hooked up on 14v. I see color lights so it is color LED. Just won't change colors. can't get it to power cycle to a fixed color.

My repair guy installed it. I'll get him to confirm we are sending 14v. I think this is the last time I will deal with LED color lighting. Not worth it. They are expensive and we already had to send one back to the U.S.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.