Greetings from Indonesia

SPP

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2008
Indonesia
Hello All,

I would say I discovered this site a bit late, should have Goggle it a long time ago.
Anyway, I am based in Jakarta, Indonesia. To those with lesser world geography knowledge, Bali is just a small part of my country. This is a tropical country with 2 seasons only, hot or raining... :lol:

I have a pool that I use for dive training and for my kids. When it was build, I do not get involved at all, I don't care.
I hardly even swim once a month.

In Feb 2007 and only when pool is 4-6 months old, there was a big flood and my pool was flooded. I personally clean the pool with lots of soap...bubble bath...ha ha ha.... and anti bacterial clearners. Then came the people ( the staff ) that sold me the filter system to treat/fix the water after it was re-filled. From there, I was trying to understand the definition of sanitizer and filtration system because I was concerned that the flood may brought disease.

The more I learn of sanitizers, pool chemistry and all the fun part of maintaining a pool....I got hooked. I felt so good when I can make my pool water as clear as I possibly can and I mean sparkling clear.

I used to be a dive instructor and I have logged more than 3 thousand of dives. I been to dive spot ( sea ) where the water visibility is 40 meters or more and I can't help thinking how powerful mother nature filter system is.... :p.
I find it a challenge if I can make my pool that clear or better if I can....but it is not easy so far.

I will list my equipment in another post, I can't remember the model number.
For now, just a hello to everyone.

Regards
SPP

SPP a VERY warm (no rain) welcome to TFP!! :!:

I think it's GREAT that this site is catching the attention of so many folks from around the world! I also think it's GREAT that you have taken the time to find this site so that you will be able to properly maintain your pool!!

Please know that we all are glad you found us and will help you with any questions you may encounter :-D

Thank you gentlemen...thank you for the warm welcome.

I am here looking for honest advice. I have run a search on the forum to make sure I do not ask repeat questions.

I notice many here are real experts....nice !!!

Here is my pool, nite photo.

No Flash. 1/6 shutter speed. Tripod assisted. Original photo, no touch up. ASA 400. Aparture 3.5. Canon 20D. Cheapo EFS 18-55 lens.

Pool is 11.5 meters (40ft) long. 4.5 meters (15ft) wide. 135,000 liters ( 35,700 Gallon ) approx.
45% of the pool is 1.2 meters ( 4ft) deep and 55% is 4 meters (13 ft ) deep. No slope, just drop off.

FIXED UNIT :
Pump - Hayward 2.0 HP Super Pump
Filter - Primary - Hayward Sand type, model I forgot...its located 6 feet above ground due to space availability
Filter Secondary - Hayward Star Clear Plus C1200 cartridge type
Aquamatics MK 5, Copper/Silver Ionizer ( 2 rods only )
Upgrade : Sand replaced with Zelbrite ( Zeolite ) about 6-7 month ago.

MOBILE UNIT on trolley ( 1 month old ) for busy days
Pump - Pentair Super Flow 1.5HP
Filter - Pentair Clean & Clear 100GPM

Attachments

• my pool at night.jpg
    my pool at night.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 104
Ooops, I forgot to add. This is an outdoor pool with full sunshade 15 feet above it. Light brown plastic awning, I don't think its UV filtered though.

I run the pump at least 12 hrs aday if not 18 hours or 24 hours when there are divers in the pool.
I run the second pump on the trolley if I want a quick clearity recovery.

Clean pressure reading of Sand filter is 10psi, was like 5 psi my man said before I install the cartidge filter downstream the sand. Cartidge filter press reading when clean is 3 psi ( very clean ) or 5 psi normal cleaned.

looks like a great training pool! Nice job!

I've been a divemaster for a number of years, a couple of shops i worked at over the years have had similar pools, so much nicer for training than the community pools!

I'd love to see more pictures, you live in a beautiful area of the world and welcome to TFP!

Hello Image,

Yes, for diving Indonesia is considered a paradise, however the infrastructure is poor on the golden dive sites. Now many Live On Board are operating and they can go to places we could never go unless you want to do your own "expedition".

I will post more pictures later. I want to sign up first , so I can attach more.

Thanks & regards,

Surya