In ground pool quote, any suggestions?

Thanks for everyone's input. I want more deck but I will need to pay extra for it. We are thinking of a area about 15 feet by 25 feet at one end of the pool. Plus we are hoping to use our deck too. This project started out when I wanted to replace the deck. A new slightly larger deck was 20,000.00. I almost fell over! :shock: Then we started getting pool quotes. They were all over the place but we liked this guy best! :-D We are hoping to paint deck restore on the deck and get a few more years out of it.

I'm still waiting on a price for the solar reel that goes into the deck. Seems I was wrong when I said it was 5,000.00. :oops:

In addition to the 30,000.00 I need to pay 1,000.00 for water, 1,600.00 for a safety cover and 2,300.00 for cantilever coping. The pool is getting just out of reach! Ugh! :grrrr:

Re: Very close to signing the contract

Without any more info, I can not offer advice ... maybe you have another thread with more details posted? If so, I would re-ask your question there.

In ground pool quote ready to sign

I have interviewed several PBs and have decided on this company. It is for an in ground pool, 20x42 double roman end liner pool. It will have two shallow ends one 3.5 feet and the other 4.5 feet with 6 feet in the middlle
It includes the following:
Steel walls
Masonary pool base
Two sets of full walk in stairs
28mil liner
Electric heat pump
Permit
Electrical
Cover just bag thing
SWG
2 let intellibrite lights
4 deck jets that spray into pool
3 feet stamped concrete around pool

All for...30,000

In addition I need
Cantilever coping. 2340.00
Water. 1000. We are on a well
Mesh safety cover. 1600.00

I would like the cool solar cover built into the deck. 5000.00. Don't think I will get it!

What else do I need?
Are the prices ok?
I will need to pay extra for the fence and rest of the concrete
We need to do the fence right away but I think we will wait a little on the concrete
I live in Connecticut
The landscaping is on us as well, he said he would leave it graded flat

Please let me know your thoughts, I was trying very hard to stay under 30,000 dollars so I might try to get the PB to split the difference of the water and coping

Update

Pool 30,000 plus
The cantilever coping is 2300
Safety cover is 1600
PG will throw in the water for FREE! :whoot:
Solar cover that reels into the deck is 2700 :oops:
What should I do? I really would like the solar cover and I have to have the safety cover and coping. Total for pool will be 37,000 plus fence and any additional decking.
Is this still a good deal?

Sandy

Re: In ground pool quote ready to sign

It is very hard to decide if it is a good deal or not as prices can vary so much by region. If you got multiple quotes and the prices were comparable for what they included, then you know that is normal for your region and you selected the PB that seems the most trustworthy (not necessarily the cheapest).

What we certainly could help you with is determining what equipment (pump/filter/etc) would be good for you to get and what plumbing to insist on.
You did not list any of those details.
It is not unheard of for pool companies to sell you a filter that is too small with a pump that is too large. The small filter will be frustrating to keep clean and the large pump will cost your $ in electricity to run it.
Having your suction and return plumbing run separately certainly has its advantages as well.

Other detail you did not provide (or ask about?):
How many skimmers?
How many returns and where are they going to be located?
Is there a dedicated plumbing run to the pool for a suction/pressure side cleaner?
What are you planning on using for a cleaner?

Just a few things to consider. Sounds like you are focused on the bells and whistles while ignoring the backbone details of how the pool will work.

Re: In ground pool quote ready to sign

I was kinda trusting the PG to do the pool but I will ask about the filter and pump. All I know is that it is a Pentair. How do I know what size I need?
I think I will have two skimmers. Is that enough?
PG also said I would have jets on the stairs, I know...more bells and whistles for me!
As for a cleaner, I assumed it would come with one...not true?

I have never worked a pool but he said he would teach me! So I really don't know what Im getting into.

Sandy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.