Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi, , thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Angie

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi, , thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Angie

I am totally new to BBB. We had a blue easy set pool last year and fell in love with having a pool. All be it more of a puddle than a pool. It was 16', small intex cartridge filter and all went well till it rained (a lot) and it collapsed on one side, washing away a bunch of soil.

So, we planned to change the location a bit and get a larger pool. We've settled on the Intex Ultra Frame 26' x 52", with a sand filter and hopefully a SWCG pretty quick. A pecan tree currently sits in the middle of my pool area and I am sitting here waiting on the tree guy to show up. He's an hour late. go figure . . . This will not however dampen my spirits! I hope to have the pool set up within the next couple of weeks. A bit optimistic, but I can hope. Still need to get the area level.

I have learned SO much from all of you! Thank you! From leveling the ground, to underlay, to pumps and filters and chemicals and test kits. I've ogled all of your pools (had to keep a drool cloth nearby).

I'll be ordering the TF100 soon so as to have it when the pool gets set up. Want to start out on the right foot you know.

I've made a few posts over the last few weeks and have been met with the kindest, most knowledgeable responses. Thank you.

Looking forward to many happy sparklieitis (sp?) filled years with my new pool family.

Angie
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi, , thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Angie

Welcome, and PLEASE post photos of your pool setup as you get it going!

Dan
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Dan for the warm welcome. I will be sure to post pictures. My camera is all charged up and ready to go!
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello and welcome fellow soft side pool owner!

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, hi right back at cha! Thank you for the welcome!

My tree guy is on his way!
    Angie M.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Hi, Angie,

Welcome to the forum. It's gonna' be a fun summer for y'all. W'ell all help if we can.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to tfp, angie
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Hello and welcome to TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you for all the warm welcomes!
    Angie M.