New SWG user, low clorine with test results

Jeff74

Mar 10, 2010
Huntington, WV
I just installed my SWG a couple of days ago. I didn't want to turn it on until I got the debris out of the pool and cleaned good. When the water started looking good, I dumped 320 lbs of salt in and made sure to circulate and filter the pool for at least 24 hrs. I turned on the SWG for the first time last night and let it run all night. The water is still cloudy and the chlorine is barely registering on my test strips and drop tester. When can I start seeing some chlorine being generated? Am I being too impatient? I really don't want anything to start growing in the pool. Here are my last test results:

Total Chlorine: 0 or 1
PH: 7.2
TA: 60
CYA: 65

Thanks!

Yea, everything is looking better since I shocked it again. tested the water again and it is still up there. I am using the HTH 6 way tester from WalMart; it is all I have right now until I get the TF kit. PH is around 7.5. According to the chart for the SWG, I should be running it about 5 or 6 hours a day. I hope to keep the levels good and turn it down tomorrow.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.