Reocmmendation for a Viper 550 replacement

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I've had my viper for several years, but it looks like it is about dead. One of the seal is totaly hosed now so it does not like to stop spinning. I hacked it a little to get it back working.

I don't particularly like this cleaner, it has been a maintenance nightmare with something breaking constantly. I have become quite good at fixed it to get another year out of it.

What cleaners out there have a good reputation for working? Even if I could buy the individual replacement parts that would be a start. The issue with the Viper is that you have to buy the whole mechanism, and can't just buy individual parts as they need repairing.

What are the robotic cleaners I read about, Blue Diamond/Pearl. Are they a valid replacement?

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks,
dave

I'm partial to either a Polaris 280 or Letro Legend. They're both pretty simple, easy to repair, and parts are plentiful.

They have fewer moving parts than most of the others so while they will break, it's not as frequently as others.

I second Aquaman. The Polaris 280 is, IMHO, the most dependable cleaner Polaris ever made. The Letro is an exellent copy of this cleaner.
The other cleaner I like is the Zodiac Mars HP but Zodiac just discontinued this pressure cleaner in the US market this year.

I've never seen the Tank Trax model, but according to the website it's for vinyl liner pools.

I can't see any benefit to it...I'd stay with the tried & true wheeled version.

Attachments

• retaining wall 1.JPG
    retaining wall 1.JPG
    511.4 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.