Aqua trol cell "inspect cell" light illuminated not flashing

May 10, 2012
The inspect cell light stays on continiously. I have cleaned it and it looks good. My salt level is at 2300. Will that cause the light to stay on? Of course the low salt light is on as well. Any suggestions?

Re: Aqua trol cell "inspect cell" light illuminated not flas

Welcome to TFP!

How old is your unit? Either your salt level is way too low, or the cell has reached the end if it's lifetime and needs to be replaced. The AquaTrol requires a salt level of at least 2700 to work and the recommended level is 3200. On a fairly new unit your symptoms mean you need to add salt. On an older unit (3 or more years old) they might instead mean that the cell is old and has failed.

Not for sure the exact age of cell as it was already in place when we bought the house. I will add more salt. I would have added more already but wasn't for sure if it would do any good with the cell not working. My water temp is around 78

I have an AquaTrol and was looking through the manual the other day. It says the inspect cell light starts blinking after 500 hours of use as a reminder to check it. You hold the diagnostic button down for 3 seconds to reset it. A solid light means it needs to be cleaned or replaced.

Salt at 2300 is way to low, though. If adding salt doesn't clear the error, you can try cleaning it per the instructions in the manual. You can download a PDF of the manual here: http://www.hayward-pool.com/prd/In-Grou ... -1___I.htm

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.