First Test, Please let me know your thoughts

May 2, 2012
Got my TF100 Test today on my porch. Looks like FedEx played soccer with it for a few hours before dropping it off, but everything seems to be in order.

Took my time and came up with the following numbers:

FC = 8
CC = .5
PH = 7.5
TA = 145
CH = 320
CYA = 85

Pool Temp = 78

When the pool guy broke out the test strips last week to test my water I knew I was in trouble...

I've been lurking for a while, and can't thank you guys enough. Bought the house in August and have been puck-chunking ever since. Based on this forum I'd already drained half the pool and reset based on Pool Store's numbers. If I can get the groups blessing I plan to switch to BBB now that I have accurate numbers. I 'think' they're accurate...

Welcome to tfp, techrancher :wave:

techrancher said:
If I can get the groups blessing I plan to switch to BBB now that I have accurate numbers.
You got my blessin esau :mrgreen:

Looks like your drain and refill got you close, you must have been really high to start with. At 85 ppm cya you are going to have to be vigilant about keeping your FC pretty high. You may want to finish the job and do another drain and refill, then you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Your TA is a little high, so I would keep your ph a little lower (7.2-7.4) and eventually your TA should come down.

Yeah, another partial drain and refill may be in order, and you may want to do it soon in case we have another summer drought in the region like last year in case there are water restrictions later in the summer, if nothing else it would make management easier, even if you only get the CYA down another 20 or 30 ppm.

ike

linen said:
Looks like your drain and refill got you close, you must have been really high to start with.
Months of granular shock and pucks from Local Pool Store had my CYA off the charts. First batch of warm weather and the green monster attacked. Got tired of draining my wallet every week on chemicals and 'tests' at the Pool Store.

I'm actually shocked I got it this close, no pun intended. I've been contemplating another partial drain, but man our water is expensive here. I guess I'll bite the bullet and finish the job this weekend.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.