Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: First results using the TF-100 Test Kit

First results using the TF-100 Test Kit

OK, finally had enough time to really go through my new kit from www.tftestkits.com (duraleigh). I really like the layout, the instructions are simplle, even for a non chem guy like me.

So here are my results, comments and suggestions welcome.

pH = 8.2 - on my way to add acid now!
    f/c = .5
    cc = .5
    tc = 1.0
    t/a = 190
    ch = 180
    cya = 30 (already have the stabilizer on hand and will ad more and try to raise to 50-60.)

Forgot about the salt test, will check that now and post back momentarily.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

Re: First results using the TF-100 Test Kit

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    OK, finally had enough time to really go through my new kit from www.tftestkits.com (duraleigh). I really like the layout, the instructions are simplle, even for a non chem guy like me.

So here are my results, comments and suggestions welcome.

pH = 8.2 - on my way to add acid now!
    f/c = .5
    cc = .5
    tc = 1.0
    t/a = 190
    ch = 180
    cya = 30 (already have the stabilizer on hand and will ad more and try to raise to 50-60.)

Forgot about the salt test, will check that now and post back momentarily.
    I would try to bring the FC up and watch that CC closely before adding more CYA.

Just my $0.02
    -Rick
    ~15k Gal IG
    Gunite/White plaster
    AquaLogic PS-8 w/SWG

Salt is 2310.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

OK, added, salt, muratic acid, bleach, and raised the swg from 40% to 60%.

I will try and post new numbers on Saturday.
    TFP Founder

Probably not the place to ask but did you have to add any water? I lost about 1" from party over weekend and evaporation.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

No, we have auto-level. The only downside to that is if we had a leak I wouldn't know it until I got a high water bill - very convenient though.
    TFP Founder

Add your salt and get your CYA into proper range and the pH down before you crank up the output. YOu might fing that you will be generating more than enough chlorine to maintain a 3-5 ppm FC level. You might even have to LOWER the output! Give it about a week and test your chlorine levels to see what they do.

Shoot, wish I had read that before I left the house. I'll adjust the output back when I get home tonight.
    TFP Founder