Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another Newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

Another Newbie

Thank you for this website! I just joined today and have learned quite a bit so far by reading your pool school and other info. I will need some help in the future as my pool is quite green and we have done the "pool store" solution and will start fresh when the chemicals I've added (probably the wrong ones) have run their course and I can order a good test kit and stock up on bleach. It doesn't help that a haboob just went through this area also. More leaves/dirt in the pool.

I am in the Phoenix AZ area as are probably several of your members. My spouse and I purchased a home in January this year with a pool and love it but will be going through a learning curve of how to care for it properly. I am looking forward to a nice clean sparkling pool with the help of this website!

12K gal
    cartidge filter
    IG/pebble tec
    unsure of pump size
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Another Newbie

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Hello neighbor!!!

Lots of Arizonans around here.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to tfp, Harveygroup
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.