Y'all are going to tired of me asking but

The EasyTouch has more features than the SunTouch, but it may not be a better choice for some specific situation. If your needs are simple, the SunTouch might be more than enough and the extra options on the EasyTouch could simply be in the way.

You can get an EasyTouch control panel with an salt system relay. I am not 100% certain about the SunTouch..so I will look into that right now.

Either will be able to control the speed of your pump. What brand/model pump do you have?

Can you please tell us what equipment you have (or are planning to add)? Do you have any water features? Do you want your automation to control pool and/or landscape lighting? Do you have a spa? All of these answers will help us determine which automation system if best for you.

OcneeDawg said:
I am in the planning stages of building a pool. I want to make an educated decision when I go to the pool builders for bids. I know I am going to build a 18x36 vinyl liner pool also considering intelliflow pump. I know I want all pentair equipment
Gotcha. A few things to keep in mind...
Over-sizing your filter (and SWCG if you add one) is recommended. A larger filter will not have to be cleaned as often. An over-sized SWCG will not need to run as long each day..and thus will last longer.
OcneeDawg said:
Might get a two speed pump also not sure at the moment
As for pump, you should go with at least a 2-speed in my opinion. The IntelliFlo VS (sku 011018) is very popular, and very reliable. The variable speed and variable flow pumps qualify for pretty substantial rebates in most areas. Where are you located?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your control panel will allow you to have your pump (and SWCG) on a timer. You will just want to make sure that your pump is on when your SWCG is on. Basically, you can run the pump without running the SWCG, but not the other way around.

I gave another SWCG question

I put this in a post below but never got a response. I am new here so forgive me if I ask stupid questions. Let's say I get a pentair intelliflow pump with the easytouch SWCG. I want to run my pump at 20% for 20hrs and 60% for 4 hrs how does the SWCG know what flow I am running. Does the SWCG come on to regulate a % of chlorine or does it come on with a timer and generate a set amount all the time?

Re: I gave another SWCG question

I can only speak for my system. Mine has only one setting that you can change...the percentage of runtime of the pump. The SWG ONLY runs when the pump is on for my system. As I have a one speed pump, it's easy for me to vary the percentage of runtime to my needs for FC.
Just so I will know, why would you want to vary the percentages of production for the time periods you state...just curious!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.