Pool cleaner (vacuum) for a AGP

May 7, 2012
I just have a 16ft x 48" deep AGP that I need to purchase some kind of vacuum for. What should I be looking at? Some of the cleaners such as the MX8 seem pretty nice, but they are probably meant for a larger pool. Are suction side cleaners made to hook up to a Intex vinyl pool side intake? Do I need some kind of adapter? Any recommendations for a pool my size?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I've got a pool that's a bit bigger than yours - 20ft diameter, and my baracuda wahoo (almost identical to the baracuda ranger) is a simple suction cleaner that's a good size for it. It goes into the opening under the skimmer basket that leads to the intake hose. From all I know about Intex, you might need an Intex adapter if you go that route, though.

zea3 said:
Have you added a skimmer? What kind of pump do you have? Any pictures you can post of your pool and plumbing will help.

I have not added a skimmer, but have been looking into them. I ended up purchaseing a Aquabot Pool Rover Jr.... I have to admit,,, it works pretty good! I swept up all the "fines" on the bottom. Since it does not need a suction hose, it doesn't matter what kind of skimmer system I have,,,,or don't have!

I am using a doughboy brand pump (powerpak II, 1 hp) and a doughboy brand sand filter (silica II) and I have been quite impressed with their filtering capacity! I will post some pics soon!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.