Need fan to kick on everytime solar kicks on

I imagine putting a relay onto an existing outlet and running low voltage wires to the panel will not be too difficult to figure out. I am installing the entire system myself so why not do the electrical too. then I can kick back and take pride in my work instead of always having to pay someone else to get things done.

dholland17 said:
I'll call my electrician. In the meantime, if anyone out there has any knowledge related to wiring a simple fan to the Hayward automation panel please let me know. The fan normally plugs in to an outlet but I need it to kick on every time solar is on. Thanks

The electrician can wire the fan to one of the AUX relays in the controller. You can then program the controller to treat that relay as a solar booster pump. This is under the AUX menu labeled "Function" and you set it to "Solar". The controller will then turn this relay on whenever solar is on.

I appreciate that you want to do it yourself, but from the information that you're not understanding, I don't have the confidence that you have the knowledge to do it safely.

An electrically inclined friend to show you what to do is your best course of action.

Please don't take this the wrong way because I'd love to help you, but I don't want to give you information that you may misinterpret and create a safety hazard for your or a fire hazard for your home and family.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.