TFTestkits-Great Kits and Supporters of This Site

Glock30

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
I bought my TF100 Test Kit last week.
I then saw the Trouble Free Pool Supporter link an dclicked on it.
I saw that TFTestkits will give $10 off a TF100 kit if you are a supporter.
I thought I was too late but joined TFP supporters anyway as this site has already saved me hundreds of $$$ and countless hours.

Just for a try, I called TFTestkits to see if they would post-honor my TFP membership and the woman on the phone just about fell over herself to get me my $10 refunded! :party:

Very nice bonus for joining TFP and buying from a supporter of this site!

Use these kits and buy from them, it is worth it! :goodjob:
http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

Well, I am certainly appreciative of those nice words. I also need to remind new folks on here that we own both TFTestkits.net and troublefreepool.com.

Now, in fairness, we never see any of the money that goes into troublefreepool.com from "lifetime supporters" as that money goes strictly to pay for the maintenance and upkeep of troublefreepool.com. Jasonlion handles that and does a fantastic job of keeping this forum running smoothly with adequate and effective moderators that do a phenomenal job as well..

I made a comment earlier today in response to something Dave said to me, and I'll repeat it here, and then go on a long rambling post that's probably tl;dr *heh* :

I'm a big fan of "simple".

Many years tending to more aquariums than I can count taught me that lesson, at least as it applies to water quality...simple is better. You know why? You'll do the simple stuff, you'll do it with confidence, and you'll have success early and often.

The TF-100 fits that description. It's simple. It comes in a nice handy box, everything clearly labeled, and a small, simple set of directions, and nearly every test has a clear, obvious indicator. The liquid is either clear or not. It's either red or it's blue. Count drops...1, 2, 3, 4. Simple.

You see the value of it every day on this forum. 10 new threads are started. The ones without TF-100s turn into 3 page epic adventures into the land of what-if guesswork water chemistry. The ones with TF-100 results to post? They typically end before the bottom of page 1 with a big "Thank you!" from the OP. You know why? Because they used their test kit, they used it regularly and reliably, and everyone had confidence in the results.

Simple.

Love me some simplicity. :goodjob:

Yes,,great people.Called them this morning.Dave,I believe it was answer'd my ?'s..turn'd around&order'd my refill kit this year&even broke down&got me a speed stir.Getting a little lazy..lol.I told him that I tell all the people I talk to about there pool's to order the kit.Will pay for it's self the first season.Good Luck&everyone have a great 2012 Troublefree Pool year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks to this post you now have another TFP supporter. I never looked into it before even though I've been here for three years.

I was fortunate enough to find this site before building my pool. Started it off with BBB and have never looked back. You would probably be amazed at the comments I get on water clarity, the lack of red burning pool eyes, and the lack of a chlorine smell. Went to the Pool Store once to get my water tested before my TFTest kit arrived and have never been back.

And as far as service and honesty, I ordered some stuff from TFT and paid for it. A few hours later I received an email saying I had been credited $5 from Duraleigh. Still have no idea what that was for as I went back and double checked all the figures. That's the only time anyone has given me a credit for anything without me asking for it.

Thanks TFT and TFP!

Still have no idea what that was for as I went back and double checked all the figures. That's the only time anyone has given me a credit for anything without me asking for it.
Just about positive that was a refund for shipping. Out software is, well, STUPID, and does not always present to you the best shipping options. It's pretty easy for us to figure out and, while we usually ask permission first, sometimes it is completely obvious to ship it differently than the computer mandates.

There is a place in FL called Horner Express and, to my knowledge, they are about the only place to get any Taylor products. I believe Palintest has a good test kit available in the UK and Europe.

I've been using the Palintest for 18 months. They cost 158 $ !!! It does the trick although I find the CYA dot test tricky to get accurate. It's not possible to get refil kits at a good price though. I'm having to buy 250 cya tests for around 55 $ ! and a whole replacement FAS DPD kit for another 55 € (they dont sell the reagents alone). I've still got loads of TA and Calcium tablets left and plenty of the 2nd reagent for the FAS DPD test that you use to determine CC level.
Would be lovely if you could find a distributor in Europe, maybe my supplier (SCP pools) :mrgreen:

Love the site. Anyone else having trouble getting on the website currently? I have tried three different browsers and none will load the page. Dave gave me the number and I left a message.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.