Solar SWG

Nov 12, 2010
Nokomis, Florida
I was thinking about using a solar SWG. Has anyone any thoughts, information, suggestions, ect.. regarding this. I'm looking at this unit and I would need 2 for my pool. any other units you are aware of would be helpful. At the present time I am using liquid Chlorine. No issues, just would like to have some help keeping up the pool and the kids and husband aren't an option. It would be great not to worry about adding the chlorine daily. I would be fine with adding it once in a while.

https://www.poolsupplyworld.com/poolsup ... 4Aodp1N6VQ

Thanks in advance.
Laura

I don't recommend it. They need frequent salt additions, require lots and lots of sunlight to reach their rated chlorine production, and the price isn't low enough to give them any meaningful advantage over more conventional SWGs.

My pool does get lots and lots of sun. All day, from sun up to sun down. Not a tree around. I do agree the price is pretty high. I guess if I'm putting salt in it all the time, I might as well save my money and just put chlorine in, until the right solar system comes around.

thanks for the info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.