Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar SWG

I was thinking about using a solar SWG. Has anyone any thoughts, information, suggestions, ect.. regarding this. I'm looking at this unit and I would need 2 for my pool. any other units you are aware of would be helpful. At the present time I am using liquid Chlorine. No issues, just would like to have some help keeping up the pool and the kids and husband aren't an option. It would be great not to worry about adding the chlorine daily. I would be fine with adding it once in a while.

https://www.poolsupplyworld.com/poolsup ... 4Aodp1N6VQ

Thanks in advance.
    Laura
    using the BBB with liquid Chlorine 10.5% for 5 yrs.
    inground 28 X 14 ft. 14,700 gallon pool. Masterpool 8 port floor popup system
    Replastered w/Krystal Krete 09/23/2015
    Pentair 100 sq. Ft. Cartridge Filter - 1 hp Super Flo pump - IC20 Saltwater system.
    TF-100 test kit and the Taylor K1000

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar SWG

I don't recommend it. They need frequent salt additions, require lots and lots of sunlight to reach their rated chlorine production, and the price isn't low enough to give them any meaningful advantage over more conventional SWGs.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I agree with Jason. Since your pool would require two of these units, you would be better off just buying an in-line SWCG.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

It does have a built in ioniser though

5. Back To Top    #5

My pool does get lots and lots of sun. All day, from sun up to sun down. Not a tree around. I do agree the price is pretty high. I guess if I'm putting salt in it all the time, I might as well save my money and just put chlorine in, until the right solar system comes around.

thanks for the info.
    using the BBB with liquid Chlorine 10.5% for 5 yrs.
    inground 28 X 14 ft. 14,700 gallon pool. Masterpool 8 port floor popup system
    Replastered w/Krystal Krete 09/23/2015
    Pentair 100 sq. Ft. Cartridge Filter - 1 hp Super Flo pump - IC20 Saltwater system.
    TF-100 test kit and the Taylor K1000