Best way to use solar reel for our 24' round

Elle

May 16, 2007
Northern NY
Hi there! We have a 24' round pool with a partial deck (we add more to it each year). This year we need to purchase a new solar cover and I really would like to find a way to use a reel with it.
I don't really like the ones that go across the center of the pool and with the deck and fence we would have no way to move it off the pool. Is there a reel that would go on top of our deck rails or one that wouldn't take up too much space on the deck itself?
I would really appreciate any help! I'm super tired of lugging the cover on and off a gazillion times per summer!!!

Attachments

• photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 146
  • photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 145
That deck and fence difinitely creates a challenge. :-(

It looks like the deck goes at least half way around the pool and if it does, then you could use a reel on the deck. If you have a 12 mil thick cover or less it's easy enough to move on the reel once it's rolled up. I ordered a 28' reel for my cover and that would be long enough that you could mount the supports on top of the handrail if you wanted to.

So what type of reel are you suggesting? I would love to be able to mount it on top of the deck wall (handrails) so it's out of the way but have no idea how this is possible. Would it be better to do it on the narrow side or the wider side of the deck? I hate the thought of losing valuable deck space. Eventually we will have the narrow deck go all the way around and then I won't be so concerned about it as long as it's possible to put it up that high? It will give me more room that way and if it hangs over then it's no problem.

We've had our pool for 6 years and I think I've gone through at least 3 solar covers because they end up ripped from being hauled up onto the deck so often.

I was thinking maybe something like this would work? http://www.nationalpoolwholesalers.com/ ... _HV24.html

This is the one I got and it works well so far.

I'm thinking you could mount it on top of the handrail where the deck ends now on the right side, and then on the opposite side where the handrail for the steps stop and it would swing out of the way towards the wide area of the deck and you could build a little bracket hanging over the outside of the handrail for it to lay on. That way it'd be out of the way completely. Let me know if I didn't make that clear.

Hmm that's kinda clear but not really!! HAHAH (thinking outloud) So fasten it to the narrow side on the right, and then by the stairs on the opposite side...so it will come across the white fence? Then pivot it towards the tree?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.