Questions about pool balance

sprede

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 26, 2011
Nebraska
Hello,
Last year I was helped by some of you to get my pool in balance and I thank you all greatly for that. This year I opened up my pool and started shocking according to how you all explained it to me the first time. I had been 2 days without CC drop, less than 1 FC drop and the water is clear then I found out that I had left my SWG turned on so that is why I have the high FC count. I turned it off May 8 which is why you see the drop in FC. Anyway, my concern is the HIGH TA reading, I can't seem to get it down or is that something even to worry about?

May 7 Morning May 8 Morning May 9 Morning
FC - 15 FC - 15 FC - 11
CC - .5 CC - .5 CC - .5
TC - 15.5 TC - 15.5 TC - 11.5
PH - 7.2 PH - 7.2 PH - 7.2
TA - 160 TA - 160 TA - 160
CYA - 70 CYA - 70 CYA - 70

How to get TA down to acceptable levels for salt water pool? Is there some home chemicals to use to get it down?

I had been doing that per the pool school but it had only lowered by 10 after two trys. After reading that article a little closer it looks like it can take weeks to get it down to normal levels. Thanks for your advise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.