Liner install DIY

May 17, 2009
NC
My liner needs to be replaced. My local pool store hasn't impressed, they have missed the appointment to come by my house twice. Now I'm thinking about ordering it and installing it myself. How hard is it, how many people does it take, and does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

I did it on my pool with one other person, neither one of us had done it before. I asked lots of questions and read a bunch here. It was on of the easiest parts of the pool build. Cutting in the light, skimmers, returns an steps
was a little nerve racking but if you take your time it is very doable. I have no wrinkles.

I did my 20X40 with 3 guys it went smooth as silk. The shop vac makes all the difference. I used a stihl gas blower the intake fit perfectly in the skimmer top. i taped it on and taped the throttle about 30% open lots of volume you could actually see the line pull into place

Axhammer said:
My liner needs to be replaced. My local pool store hasn't impressed, they have missed the appointment to come by my house twice. Now I'm thinking about ordering it and installing it myself. How hard is it, how many people does it take, and does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

If you're gonna order it yourself, PLEASE be sure of all your measurements BEFORE you order it! Installing a liner for the first time is enough of a challenge without having to deal with all the hassles of an incorrectly sized liner.

Though I never got around to writing the DIY liner drop post - I can certainly give you some 'tips and tricks' to installing a new liner. (one of the most, if not THE most important thing's is to be sure there is nothing left behind the liner that will, one day, poke through!)

Please post pics and keep us informed as to your progress and completed job. :)

I contacted Cascade pool in Chesapeake VA. The guy came out and looked at it, quoted a price, and described how long it's going to take. I got all the answers I was looking for, I think I'm going to have it installed for $2750...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.