Not sure what "shock" corresponds to regarding FC

Positronic said:
Regarding the sand filter, is there anything there I need to investigate as it is not backwashing any dirty water?
What's the pressure gauge read? Does the pressure increase after running for the day? Even without a working pressure gauge, you can feel the force of water coming out of the return decrease over time. If it doesn't, you either have a filter problem or you have your valve set to recirculate instead of filter.

Ok, water is nice and blue, just hazy. Yesterday I could make out a toy at the bottom in the deep-end, it was brownish. After I vacuumed the pool is all blue now though murky and I could only see bottom of shallow end. SWG has been set at 20% for last week (close to where I normally keep it though don't know exact number as I neglected to write it down last year). FC has dropped from 26 to 20 over the last 8 days. I think I'm done, water has fine particles in it making it not clear but it doesn't filter out very quickly. I think the algae has been dead for quite some time, just taking a long long long time for the water to become clear due to the fine particles remaining. They eventually settle on bottom, vacuuming mixes them back up into water but captures some of it.

Positronic said:
I think I'm done
Positronic, you are not done until:

1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm
2. Your OCLT shows an FC loss of less than 1 ppm (WITH THE SWG OFF...yes I am yelling, we have asked of the this no-swg OCLT and you have been silent on this)
3. Your water is clear.

You must pass these three simultaneously to ensure you can drop your FC down to normal levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.