Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What color should borate strips be straight out of the bottle

1. Back To Top    #1

What color should borate strips be straight out of the bottle

I see there's a place holder for a borate test here. I was just wondering (since I just did my first borate test using LaMotte's strips) what color the strips should be when they come out of the bottle. Mine appear to be a somewhat pinkish color already (probably between 30 and 50 on the scale). Is that what color they're supposed to be? I added enough borates to my pool to get it to somewhere in the 30-35 ppm range, but it's ready between 50 and 80 according to my strip. Anybody get different color strips out of the bottle?
    Dr. Wellness G-14 Spa
    SIZE: 92" wide x 92" long x 36" deep SEATS: 5 JETS: 98 Total Jets LIGHTS: Surround LED Lighting COMPONENTS: Balboa Spa Systems PUMP: 3 6HP EnergySaver
    WEIGHT: 1025 lbs. GALLONS: 450 Gallon Capacity ELECTRICAL: 220V

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What color should borate strips be straight out of the b

Mine were white right out of the bottle... sounds like yours may have gotten wet at somepoint...
    17'x36' Freeform (Omni/Gemini shape) Polymer Vinyl Liner Pool; Made by Hydra Pools; 6' Water Depth; Cantilever Concrete Stamped Coping; 8' Radius White Step; 8' White Cozy Cove with 6 Jets; 1.5 HP Pentair Whisperflow 2-Speed Pump; Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 Cartridge Filter; Kreepy Krauly Legend Pool Sweep; 2 Skimmers; 4 Returns; 2" Rigid PVC; Pentair 5G LED Light; Pacific Ultra Mesh Safety Cover; Pentair Intellichlor IC 40; 3 Deck Jets