Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: solodare

1. Back To Top    #1

solodare

hello and thanks for having me!
    I have never had a pool but i just bought a small intex 14' x 48" round metal frame pool and an intex saltwater system.
    ive done some browsing on youtube and a guy there points his viewers here.
    so here i am.
    where do i begin? thanks again for your help and time and hospitality.
    INTEX 14' X 4'
    1000 GPH PUMP
    SWG
    taylor K-2006 K-1766
    SKOOBA VAC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: solodare

Welcome to tfp, solodare

Best place to start is in poolschool (link in the upper right of page). Let me suggest this poolschool article to get you started: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...ary_pool_guide
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Hello and welcome to TFP! Linen has excellent advice to get you started on the right foot.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everyone!
    So my first stupid question will be.... since im using a saltwater system are there parts of the pool school guide that i should not be doing?
    INTEX 14' X 4'
    1000 GPH PUMP
    SWG
    taylor K-2006 K-1766
    SKOOBA VAC

6. Back To Top    #6

Not too much different, see the poolschool article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...ater_generator

I am also using the intex swg, and I am in a northern climate (where are you?), and I run my cya just a little lower (~60 ppm cya)than recommended range of 70-80 ppm.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

im down south. im actuall on the boarder of south carolina but im in north carolina. did you use something other then the swg before? is the swg as great as they say? im loving this site btw! it realy is friendly here. thats rare! thanks again.
    INTEX 14' X 4'
    1000 GPH PUMP
    SWG
    taylor K-2006 K-1766
    SKOOBA VAC

8. Back To Top    #8

I did all of my manual maintenance LC/bleach dosing to when I was started with a small ring pool (~2000 gallons). It was on that pool that I switched to the intex swg, the same swg I am now using on my 11000 gallon pool (going into the third year on the same intex swg). I am a tinkerer by nature so the swg was a natural thing to try. Unfortunately it now does it's job quite well and it leaves me less to tinker with. The only time last season I remember added LC/bleach to the pool was at opening, closing, and when we went of vacation (I superchlorinated and shut down the equipment and then redosed with LC when I got back).

9. Back To Top    #9

AHHHH, A TINKERER! we will get along great then! i think im just a bit more excited to have something to play with then i am about being able to take a midnight dip. bit only just slightly
    INTEX 14' X 4'
    1000 GPH PUMP
    SWG
    taylor K-2006 K-1766
    SKOOBA VAC