Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aqualink RS problem - Shuting down

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aqualink RS problem - Shuting down

I have a complete Jandy setup with an Aquapure. Recently on my PDA i get a fault that says 'General Fault' ' Check Aquapure'. Now I know that I have to go to the Aqualink RS box and remove the two screws at the top and check the panel behind to view the error. Problem is everytime I do that the entire system shuts down. Is there some type of safety I don't know about. All I am doing is removing the screws and tilting the panel out to view behind it, as soon as it looses power I have to fix the date/time again and still cannot see what error is being thrown. Anyone dealt with this before?
    16500 PebbleTec Pool in Tampa, FL. Jandy Aqualink with automation and PDA, Jandy PlusHP 1.5 HP motor (PHPM1.5), Jandy DE Filter (DEL48), Aquapure 1400 Chlorine Generator, Solar, Jandy Lite2 Propane Heater, Keepy Krauly Great White

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Aqualink RS problem - Shuting down

The power issue requires removing the big panel to see the breakers, relays, and transformer. I suspect a loose wire at the transformer or the breaker feeding it.

As for the cell, how old is it?

What is your chem levels? Please include salt.

When was the cell last inspected for calcium and erosion?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

On the backside of your aqualink board there is a transformer connection that may be loosely connected or may have a loose wire like what PoolGuy said.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by knightsae
    as soon as it looses power I have to fix the date/time again and still cannot see what error is being thrown.
    what everyone else said...

Oh, and, change your 9v battery, and you wont have to re-set the time and date.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.