Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Sudden Cloudy After Vacuuming?

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Sudden Cloudy After Vacuuming?

Yesterday I finally was able to spend some time on my new pool.

Full vaccum
    Brushed walls
    Cleaned filter
    Added salt (600 lbs. to start)
    Began SWG Programming (clock etc)
    Restart pump

After I vacuumed the water seemed to get cloudy.
    I am fairly certain this was before I disassembled the filter.
    The filter was not loaded with debris, I cleaned it just to get a fresh start.
    It is possible that when I get home it will be clear.
    Is this normal after a vac?
    18' X 36' Inground Pool 26,000 gallons. SuperMax 27mil/27mil Vinyl Liner-Installed Fall 2011
    Pentair Intellipro Programable Pump (Model 011018) // Pentair S8M 500 Cartridge Filter // Circupool RJ45 Salt Chlorinator
    2 Hayward Skimmers // 3 Returns // 2 Savi Melody Pool lights // TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Water Sudden Cloudy After Vacuuming?

It sounds like you have a bad cartridge in your filter check for any cracks or holes in the filter. when you vacuum up the dirt the filter is not holding it

3. Back To Top    #3

Hmmm. Could be.
    It was new from the factory and never removed until after I vacuumed.

Water was crystal clear before vacuuming and filter appeared to be working perfectly.
    18' X 36' Inground Pool 26,000 gallons. SuperMax 27mil/27mil Vinyl Liner-Installed Fall 2011
    Pentair Intellipro Programable Pump (Model 011018) // Pentair S8M 500 Cartridge Filter // Circupool RJ45 Salt Chlorinator
    2 Hayward Skimmers // 3 Returns // 2 Savi Melody Pool lights // TF-100 Test Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Vacuuming can stir up dust that was on the bottom and cause some temporary cloudiness. If it isn't all better by the time you get home there may be something more complex going on, but odds are it will be all cleared up. That doesn't mean that poolsupplysales is wrong. A damaged filter would always stir up a fair bit of dust when vacuuming. A working filter can still stir up some dust, but not as much and not as likely.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks to both!

6. Back To Top    #6

Water was clear when I got home!
    Thanks for enduring my paranoia. :P