New pool installed yesterday and it's still filling with water--about a foot left to go. It's going to be tomorrow before it's high enough to run the filter at the rate we are going. (We're on a well and canít run the hose non-stop. Going out this afternoon and will have to turn it off for that, too.)
Pool is in full sun during the hottest part of the day and we are already up to 95 degrees here.
I am thinking I should go ahead and get some chlorine (and CYA?) in there. Chlorine--no problem, I can distribute it with a brush. But should I go ahead and hang a sock of CYA in there, too? Or would it be pointless if the water is not circulating?
My plan once the water is high enough to run the filter is:
- Keep chlorine topped off with liquid chlorine.[/*:m:2tm7juiz]
- While filtering, get salt up to 3400 for SWG.[/*:m:2tm7juiz]
- Run filter for a while (how long?) then backwash (new sand).[/*:m:2tm7juiz]
- After backwash, add whatever CYA I need to get it to ~70.[/*:m:2tm7juiz]
- Test TA and PH, and adjust as needed. (Our well water is TA 80 and PH 7.8, so hopefully won't need much adjusting.)[/*:m:2tm7juiz]
- Once TA and PH are in line, turn on SWG.[/*:m:2tm7juiz]
- After a while (how long to wait?), I want to add borates. Got the test kit ordered, but figured I need to wait at least a week after adding the CYA then retest everything before doing that.[/*:m:2tm7juiz]
My TF-100 test kit is ready to go--refreshed with all new reagents--and Pool Calculator app is on hand!
Please let me know what you think about my questions above, and whether you see anything wrong with my plan. Thanks!