Adding Dry Chemicals

Mar 28, 2012
London, ON CDN
I have a beginner question here. When using the pool calculator the chemicals to be added to the water are measured in grams. Just wondering how you guys added chemicals by weigh? What type of measuring device are you using; I guess is what I am asking.

I have a measuring cup but "cups" are a measurement by volume, not weight, so I am confused about how to add chemicals accurately by weight?

The Pool Calculator will also give you amounts by volume. The results aren't quite as precise, but they are still good enough.

For larger quantities I go by what fraction of the entire box/bucket I need. Say I need 2 lbs of something coming from an 8 lb bucket. That is 1/4 of the bucket. Then I simply judge the 1/4 bucket by eye.

JasonLion said:
The Pool Calculator will also give you amounts by volume. The results aren't quite as precise, but they are still good enough.

For larger quantities I go by what fraction of the entire box/bucket I need. Say I need 2 lbs of something coming from an 8 lb bucket. That is 1/4 of the bucket. Then I simply judge the 1/4 bucket by eye.

I was thinking this would be the answer. Thanks for confirming that for me Jason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.