Hayward Diver Dave

Jan 30, 2012
Got my diver dave vaccum today. Have it hooked up and running right now, however every now and again the vaccum will come up off the pool floor. Eventually it will fall back down. I tried adding and removing hose so I am curious if anyone else out there is experiencing the same thing and if so is this normal?

We had all sorts of trouble last year with Rosie (we named our bug). This year's changes have stopped our issues with her just stopping.

1-We had an air leak at the pump - the lid where the basket was letting in air...this year it's been tightened better so it's air free. Last year there was usually an air bubble in the filter basket - this year no air bubble :)

2-I got 5 more sections of hose - she just ran out of leash and couldn't get to the whole pool

3-I got the leaf catcher - kept the bigger "crud" she catching out of the filter basket and thus ME out of opening the filter basket (especially since the filter basket was the cause of our air leak)

4- Made especially sure that we got all the air of out the hoses

She now trucks around the pool for hours at a time! Last year she couldn't go 20 minutes before she stopped.

So look for air leaks - hoses - filter connections, etc.

Floating is a sign there is air in it. When I reattach mine I hold the hose end against a return jet and watch the air go down the line and bubble out diver dan. Also I'll hold the cleaner underwater and flip it over and burp the air out. They are great little pool cleaners!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.