New Pool Startup NE Pennsylvania

Dec 28, 2011
New pool owner... been reading the site for weeks, but this is my first post. A few details on our build, 33K gallons, raised spa, Jandy DE60 Filter, Jandy 2 speed pump, Nature 2 Fusion Inground (I know, I wish I found this site a few weeks earlier), Raypak 400K BTU heater, Jandy Aqualink PDA, Hayward Color Logic, Sunstone Select Sapphire. The pool was plastered and filled last Monday, and first started on Wednesday. The filter pump has been running since, and I have been brushing twice a day. I have also been testing daily, and have a few questions on my test results. I am using a TF-100 test kit thanks to the recommendations of the forum.

My test results are as follows:

Chlorine - 1.0
PH - 7.6
Alk - 180
CH - 300
CYA - 0? (I fill the cylinder completely and still see the dot)

The PB recommended targets:

Chlorine - .5 - 1.0
PH - 7.0 - 7.2
Alk - 60 - 80
CH - 150 - 200
CYA - 35

Is there anything that needs to be rectified now, or just keep working at it? If so, any recommendations on the best approach? I have been adding muriatic acid based on the pool calculator, but the PH seems to be staying at about 7.6, total alkalinity has come down slightly. Are any of these levels going to affect the plaster curing? Should I add CYA, or allow the Tri-Chlor to build it?

Thanks for the help...

Mike

Attachments

• Pool Complete.jpg
    Pool Complete.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Pool Complete.jpg
    Pool Complete.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 66
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.