Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Startup NE Pennsylvania

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Startup NE Pennsylvania

New pool owner... been reading the site for weeks, but this is my first post. A few details on our build, 33K gallons, raised spa, Jandy DE60 Filter, Jandy 2 speed pump, Nature 2 Fusion Inground (I know, I wish I found this site a few weeks earlier), Raypak 400K BTU heater, Jandy Aqualink PDA, Hayward Color Logic, Sunstone Select Sapphire. The pool was plastered and filled last Monday, and first started on Wednesday. The filter pump has been running since, and I have been brushing twice a day. I have also been testing daily, and have a few questions on my test results. I am using a TF-100 test kit thanks to the recommendations of the forum.

My test results are as follows:

Chlorine - 1.0
    PH - 7.6
    Alk - 180
    CH - 300
    CYA - 0? (I fill the cylinder completely and still see the dot)

The PB recommended targets:

Chlorine - .5 - 1.0
    PH - 7.0 - 7.2
    Alk - 60 - 80
    CH - 150 - 200
    CYA - 35

Is there anything that needs to be rectified now, or just keep working at it? If so, any recommendations on the best approach? I have been adding muriatic acid based on the pool calculator, but the PH seems to be staying at about 7.6, total alkalinity has come down slightly. Are any of these levels going to affect the plaster curing? Should I add CYA, or allow the Tri-Chlor to build it?

Thanks for the help...

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: New Pool Startup NE Pennsylvania

Hi, welcome to TFP! That is a beautiful pool! How much trichlor have you added and how long ago?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Pool Startup NE Pennsylvania

I added 4 pucks last Friday, but have not seen any increase in the CYA level since.