Suggestions on these readings

Aug 12, 2011
Augusta, Kansas
I've finally got my CYA up and FC up (now too much). Suggestions on what I should go for next to adjust. We are officially opened as my son and a friend spent all Saturday (it was 91 out ) in our (IMO) cold but beautifully clean and clear pool :)

FC 11
CC 1
TC 12
TA 140
CH 230
CYA 50 (though my 10 yr old who loves to help play chemist says that he could see the dot and 40 was better in his opinion)
ph - 8

I've put the swg down from 9 hrs to 7 hrs. Forecast this week is mid-high 70's.

Diane

You want to keep the FC level higher than normal, ideally you should go to shock level, because CC is higher than 0.5. Once CC comes down you can go back to normal chlorine levels.

Your PH and TA are both a little high.You want to keep PH at 7.8 or lower, and work TA down to below 90. Lowering PH to 7.2 every time it gets to 7.8 will work the TA down over time.

For use with a SWG we recommend keeping CYA between 70 and 80.

Keep the FC up until your CC is 0.5 ppm or less and you lose no more than 1 ppm FC overnight. Then you can address the other levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.