Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sweet pool opening this year!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Sweet pool opening this year!!

After last year's nightmare pool opening, (green water and 3 weeks to clear it) with a wet winter and early spring, and half the water in the neighborhood draining through our backyard and into our pool, we had a 150' curtain drain installed. It wasn't cheap, but this spring our backyard is dry, and when we removed the pool cover the water was almost clear......SWEET! The pH was 7 and the stabilizer was 40ppm. The only thing it lacked was chlorine. It was almost swimable from the get go. My son has been in 3 times this week! Thanks TFP. Ed
    20,000 gal., Jacuzzi 250L Laser Sand Filter, inground w/vinyl liner, 1hp pump motor, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sweet pool opening this year!!

Since finding this site a couple years ago....owning a pool has never been so easy......and enjoyable! Enjoy your summer!
    10,000 Gallon 12x26 EZ Panel, Vinyl Liner, 1 1/2 HP Hayward Power Flo LX Pump (70 GPM), SM2300T Hayward Sand Filter, BBB Method....nuff said!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. You too.

It's funny, when I try to tell pool owners about this forum they aren't too receptive. They prefer to struggle with their methods.
    20,000 gal., Jacuzzi 250L Laser Sand Filter, inground w/vinyl liner, 1hp pump motor, TF-100 Test Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by edweather
    It's funny, when I try to tell pool owners about this forum they aren't too receptive. They prefer to struggle with their methods.
    Yep, I have experienced that a number of times as well
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a few co-workers who own pools as well. My boss uses the normal pool store method but agree'd that proper amounts of chlorine is the key. (though I'm sure he uses test strips)

One of my co-workers uses baquacil and said his kids enjoy it because it doesn't burn their eyes. He thinks the price is worth it. But was also dreading the task of replacing his sand. (I think he said because his water isn't clear enough)

I tried to get them interested, but even if I told them that I have none of their problems and my water was crystal clear when I opened, doesn't burn your eyes, etc. they still wouldn't change their ways.

Electricity is my biggest expense.
    (of course I'm not including heating, since that's not relative to maintenance methods)
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]