Compupool SWG added to EasyTouch controller

redfro

Jul 3, 2011
I was looking at the Compupool salt generator, and was going to buy it myself because the pool builder wants $2k to add on a SWG, but will hook one up for free if I buy the system. The builder is wanting to use a easytouch controller with one single VS pump for the pool, spa, and water feature. Will the compupool be compatable with this system? I've read that it's "ON" any time the pump is on. Any help will be appreciated.

That SWCG should be fine with your system. You can only run your SWCG when your pump is running. However, once the SWCG meets your chlorine demand, it should turn off (even if the pump is still on).

Honestly, I would choose a different salt system. The compupool generators are a great price, but are not as high quality as others (like the Pentair IntelliChlor). Also, your EasyTouch will have a much easier time controlling a Pentair SWCG.

On a side note, what size pool are you building? Over-sizing your SWCG will be a good idea. If you have a 20k gallon pool, getting a SWCG for a 30K pool will mean it doesn't run as long each day..and tends to last longer.

I will definitely take you up on getting the pentair swg. Its not that much more really. Does that transformer for the pentair swg go inside that easytouch panel, and is it easy to add a remote to the system? The pb wants $2500 to upgrade to salt and add a remote from the basic onetouch. I figure Ill buy the intellichlor and have thier plumber put it in, and add the remote down the road.

Did your PB already buy the EasyTouch panel? If not, you should buy the EasyTouch system that comes with ic40 (or ic20 if your pool is 10-15k gal). This way, your control panel will have the IntelliChlor transformer built in. As for the remote, you can get a wired control panel that you mount indoors. OR, you could get the ScreenLogic2 iPhone application. This interface kits costs $400, and the Sku # is 520500.

Let me know if you want the sku for the EasyTouch with ic40 (or anything else for that matter)

They must already have it, because $2500 seems like a steep upgrade price. How's that quicktouch little wireless remote? Its only $150, and seems perfect for turning on the light, hot tub, and water feature. That's all I'll need it for.

I have not used the QuickTouch personally, but if that is all you need it for..it looks like it could be a good fit. I am also a Pentair fan, so I am confident it would work well for you! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.