Be Careful When Working Around Top Rails and Caps

MikeInTN

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Just a word of caution - My wife and I replaced the rusted top plates on our AGP this past weekend, which entailed taking the top rails and caps off. When I removed two of the plates, I looked down inside the post and found HUGE black widow spiders. :shock: So be careful where you poke your fingers when taking the winter covers off, etc.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

And bees too! :shock:

I'm getting out of this thread now! :shock:

Cleaned out 12+ years of "stuff" from under our old deck when I recently redid our deck.

The final count was :

4 Black Widows
1 suspected Brown Recluse
Too many wolf spiders to count
1 small rat snake

Gotta love Middle Tennessee! :lol:

gboulton said:
cramar said:
Suddenly I love freezing cold winters....it's kills insects that could kill me....although 2 summers ago a black bear wandered right across our front lawn, so that's not so great. :shock:

He's probably not likely to surprise you by hiding in a pool post though....

I don't know, some of those bears are very tricky! Yogi could hide behind a Pickink basket!

gboulton said:
Cleaned out 12+ years of "stuff" from under our old deck when I recently redid our deck.

The final count was :

4 Black Widows
1 suspected Brown Recluse
Too many wolf spiders to count
1 small rat snake

Gotta love Middle Tennessee! :lol:

Wolf spiders are actually kinda cool. I found one in my garage once and caught it in a jar. Felt like a kid again... :lol:

edit: Heard on the news the other night where a huge timber rattler was found and caught here in the neighborhood where I live. The news crew actually showed the street sign at the end of my street (4 houses away). :shock:

MikeInTN said:
Wolf spiders are actually kinda cool. I found one in my garage once and caught it in a jar. Felt like a kid again... :lol:

Yes indeed...love em. They consume zillions of bugs, all for free! :)

edit: Heard on the news the other night where a huge timber rattler was found and caught here in the neighborhood where I live. The news crew actually showed the street sign at the end of my street (4 houses away). :shock:

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's no fun.

I love snakes...but the venomous ones I can do without! :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.