Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Visual check of water during backwash

1. Back To Top    #1

Visual check of water during backwash

I have no easy way to see the water coming out of the DE filter during a backwash. I was thinking of getting some clear schedule 40 PVC and replacing a section of the waste line. Other option was to pick up on of the clear check valves (don't really need the flow check) just to use as a window. Anyone see another option or recommend one or the other?

Thanks,
    Roy

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Visual check of water during backwash

Welcome to the forum. A clear section of PVC would be an EXCELLENT improvement and has given me a project I have the little sight bubble on my multiport but would like something a little bigger and a 6" length of clear is a great idea. You may well be able to get a sight bubble to fit into your existing multiport if you look at it carefully (there might be a plugged hole) but the PVC would seem a better idea.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Visual check of water during backwash

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Welcome to the forum. A clear section of PVC would be an EXCELLENT improvement and has given me a project I have the little sight bubble on my multiport but would like something a little bigger and a 6" length of clear is a great idea. You may well be able to get a sight bubble to fit into your existing multiport if you look at it carefully (there might be a plugged hole) but the PVC would seem a better idea.
    I have the simple slide kind, so there is no option for a sight bubble. I was leaning towards the clear PVC (even though it is more than a clear check valve) as it doesn't require any maintenance.

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply.