Malfunctioning SWG?

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
My pool is new as of October-November 2011, so the SWG is still new (right?). Since I have an automatic cover, I've even been able to turn the SWG off at times when the Chlorine level is good or when I want to lower the level. Most of the time I'm running the pump 8 hours a day with the SWG at 10% or less.
Yesterday the SWG read "oversalt" and the reading was supposedly 5600. Today I get the following readings:

FC- 21 (brought up to shock level with Chlorox after my darling 2 year old grandson pooped in the pool yesterday <insert eye roll>SWG is off)
CC- 0
pH-7.6 (was 7.2 yesterday morning before pool party which assuredly raised it up)
T/A-90
CH-290
CYA-50 (prob. a touch higher but not reading yet since I added a bit a few days ago. I feel safer running on the conservative lower side here since I do use the automatic cover and fear adding too much. Don't want to deal with *those* consequences)
NA-3400 (a very consistent reading each and every time I test)

Do you think the salt cell is malfunctioning or could I be causing it to malfunction when I turn it off-on, or put it into "winter mode" when I want less than 10% running?
I'm looking for assistance here before my PB comes on Friday over a different issue, and of course the device is still under warranty.
Thanks in advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.