Hey there little fella.

I opened my pool a week ago, and within 48 hours I was clean, clear and balanced. Thanks to TFP of course. :goodjob:

I put on my new solar cover Tuesday night to try to get my 62 degree water up to somewhat of a swimmable temperature and left it there until Saturday morning. I got up early Saturday morning, to pull the solar cover off and to give it a good vacuuming, and look what I found in the pool....

20120505_102429.jpg

20120506_202148.jpg

He's a tiny fella... we are guessing no more than two weeks old.

20120506_202412.jpg

And here is Sheldon enjoying his new home

20120506_201920.jpg

Now, here's the question - how did he get into our pool? There isn't a water supply near us and we have a few theories on how he got here. What would be your best guess? I'm sure he had an adventure regardless how he made it to us.

gboulton said:
Sheldon, eh? BBT reference?

Yep, the kids like BBT and named him that.

kenmar said:
I don't know if you have owned a turtle before, but they live a LOOONG time, can grow large, and... (how can I put this....) produce a LOT of waste.

BTW, I like its name... Sheldon!

-Ken-

Ken, oh yes. We had a turtle many years ago, so I know what I'm getting into. Maybe my next house will have to have two ponds... one natural and one cement. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.