Need to replace cover over the inlet?

jenlop

Jul 4, 2011
Central Connecticut
I have no idea if I've described the part correctly. :lol: I have an above ground pool, and I'm talking about the place where the water comes back into the pool after going through the filter...

We are entering our 3rd season with the pool and the round ring that goes around the inlet (?) cracked during the first winter. It cracked where 2 of the screw holes are, so 1/4 of it fell out. (I've attached a picture of what the new part looks like, except it's white.) We just left it last year and it didn't seem to make a difference. This year when we opened up the pool and turned on the filter, water is leaking out of this spot. Hubby thinks that we should just need to replace that cover.

So here's my question... is it as simple as removing the screws from the old cover and putting the new one on? Should we expect any issues with the liner moving? Do we need to put silicone on the inside of it, and if so, what kind do we use? We're total pool newbies, so any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 43
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 43
It's just as simple as you described it. However you're right to be concerned about the liner shifting. There's not too much of a chance it will, but it's possible. I'd pick a warm day to replace it and take your time. The new faceplate should come with a gasket and that should be all you need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.